Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Where have you been?

Let me see if I can quickly recap the last 5 months to catch us all up.

May 2010-I went back to teaching but instead of kinder I got TAKS tutoring for 5th graders. Hold the comments it just keeps getting better.
We also started the kids in swim team and junior dolphins (swim lessons) so everyday after school we were at the pool for an hour. Then the meets were on Saturday from 7am to 2 pm.
Colored my hair dark.

June 2010- Channing turns 1. WHAT! Dont be offended if you didnt get invited to the party, it was last minute and minimal. Mom, Dad and Travis. Remember we were still living on one income. My first paycheck didnt start until July and it was prorated for the amount of days i was going to be employed from May to June. Oh and add to that I had to pay for child care before i even got a paycheck. (I told you it keeps getting better, and im not done yet)
Still in swim, Kade moved up to the team to compete, what a rush! Our kids love swimming so it looks like we have a long term committment ahead of us.
Went to Garner this year, had a blast as always.
Camped at lake conroe for the weekend. Kids caught some fish.
Kids stayed for almost two weeks with the g-parents in Troy. I missed them the first day and every day thereafter twice as much!
Went to Lake Buchanan, caught some fish.
Yeah, that was just June.

July 2010- Went to Marble Falls for a marriage retreat with FCA.
Picked the kids up from the g-parents.
Taught VBS.
Went to lake livingston in an awesome Lake house with some families from church. Jet skis, tubing, caught more fish.

August 2010- finally slowed down the summer only to kick it up for the school year. Inservice began Aug 17. School started Aug 23. Had to take the kids to the school with me a couple of days to get everything set up. Kade pulled the fire alarm (it did NOT have a cover on it) Found out I would be teaching 4th grade Math and Science instead of 2nd. Both still a far cry from kinder.... Got a new principal..this makes three since ive been there. Ready, Set, GO!!!

Sept 2010- Cameryn is a genius even in second grade, she makes a 100 on every spelling test and even on her District Math Assessment. Her teachers name is Mrs. Weid, I told her it reminded me of Wodney Wat. She didnt appreciate that.
Kade was dying to go back to school too and Channing is a social butterfly, she just wants to go, go, go so even the daycare is fine with her. I think she just likes wearing her leopard print crocs.
Last but not least, I just got asked to teach 4th grade self contained. That means I get my class all day instead of switching mid day with another teacher for Lang. Arts. And i get to teach all subjects by myself. I was a bit nervous at first but today was the first day and I think im really gonna like it. My fourth graders are super cool and very well behaved. Fourth graders like to talk alot. Tomorrow in writing we are going to tell lies. I think they will love me for it. (thanks to Sara for the idea, i'll let you know how it goes)

PS ..That picture is way old!!!! I need to update soon. yikes

No comments:

Post a Comment