Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Do unto others....

If anyone is going to call me out on anything you can bet it will be my middle child. He is quite gifted at this skill as I have found. I have been trying to teach and discipline through scripture and as the Golden Rules states "Do unto others..." I should well know by now, especially with Kade, otherwise I will hear about it.

I was feeding Channing baby food and Kade comes up to me after his nap and I put the spoon out for him to take a bite, jokingly of course, as some days it seems all I do is feed everyones face constantly around here. He did not look kindly on the gesture and being offended, took off to hide his head in the couch like an ostrich until he could gain composure to respond. And as should be expected by now, when he pulls his head out he enlightens me of course.... "Mommy! Even a child is known by his deeds! That was a bad choice!" Everyone makes mistakes, time for another life lesson. Good one, Mom.

Cameryn, on the other hand has definatley inherited my talent for tuning people out and turning on her selective hearing. I asked her to start her homework but, followed it up with an invite to sit in my lap and let me play with her hair prior to. The latter of which she completely didn't hear b/c of afore mentioned selective hearing. She was begruntled by the homework request so decided to shut me out. I had to snap her out of it to get my allottment of affection from her before the other two woke up from their naps. Mercy! I can't catch a break. Maybe i should take a nap.

Channing-eat, nurse, CAT-nap, (repeat). Need I remind her she isn't a CAT.

No comments:

Post a Comment