Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happiness Log

Not unlike alot of others I know, I have decided that we will start the year off being thankful and make an attempt to catalog all those things for which we are thankful. Our version is called a Happiness Log. Each night at dinner, in a journal, we list 3 things that made each of us happy that day. The kids began listing things like friends, riding bikes, favorite foods and are now progressing to including more specific details like playing hobos in the back of the suburban, no homework, and all the compliments about sparkly new shoes.

I started my list with the usual, kids, food, getting a nap, no one getting injured or fighting between siblings. getting the dishes done. But now my list is beginning to include more of the things that make me laugh during the day, such as Little C using my new songify app which recorded her little imperfect voice and pronunciation of "your 6 years old and you have a beard" from the Grinch and created a diddy which had us all in tears. Or the dance battle the kids had with their Dad tonight in the living room to Vanilla Ice, with my miserable attempt to accompany the lyrics. And just to note Little C put the whoopin on everybody in the dance battle. She has pretty serious skills for a 2 year old, or maybe its just that she has no reserve or shame at that age. All the more entertainment for us.

Needless to say, Im looking forward to every new entry and can't wait to review those things at the end of each month. Maybe it should really be called a sillyness log, because not unlike the rest of my little family, that is what makes me the happiest. :)

3 comments:

  1. Someone was seriously offended by my ranking of the dancing skills among us. He said "no one can beat the mix of the running man followed by the robot and clinched with the pop and lock." See what Im talking about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you cousin! Next time I come home, I hope to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looove this post....your family sounds like so much fun! Little C must not know that her Mommy can bust a move, too!!!

    ReplyDelete